Dr Roelien Stapelberg
Dr Roelien Stapelberg is a Board Certified Specialist Orthodontist with more than 10 years of experience in the treatment of children and adults with varying levels of malocclusion.She has dentistry in her genes with her father being a very prominent orthodontist in South Africa and her grandfather also having practised as a general dentist and lectured at Pretoria’s dental school. As a child, she was exposed to braces, crooked teeth and the happy smiles of patients who finished their treatments. “A smile says a thousand words and opens doors you never knew were shut. It starts friendships, careers and romantic relationships, the first thing in meeting any person is your hello and your smile.” This early exposure to the art of Orthodontics has driven Dr Roelien to specifically excel in creating beautiful functional smiles for adults in order for them to be go through life with limited maintenance required, and also aiding children with developing malocclusion to correct early to give them the freedom to live their life worry free until they are ready for comprehensive treatment in puberty.
Spoken Languages: English, Afrikaans
Nationality: South African
DOH License: Specialist Orthodontist
Years of Experience: 15
Dr Roelien has extensive knowledge and skill with both clear aligners for esthetic orthodontic treatment, as well as traditional braces and growth modification devices for children. She has demonstrated her abilities by attaining one of the highest levels of recognition for the Invisalign aligners system, achieving Platinum Elite status multiple years in a row. She brings more than a decade of experience in orthodontics to the team. She has profound specialist knowledge in Maxilla-facial and Oral surgery, as well as Dentofacial Orthopaedics. Continuously updating her knowledge, Dr Roelien is versed in different orthodontic treatments. She is able to explain differences, advantages and disadvantages and decide with her patients which treatment provides the optimal way to beautiful and healthy teeth.
“When you treat each patient as an individual, each with hopes, dreams, goals and concerns, then you can successfully create an individualised treatment plan to give them their ideal smile.” Dr Roelien holds a Master’s degree in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics from Malmö University in Sweden, and European Board Certification. She also has a Master’s certification in Orthodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, further confirming her extremely high treatment standards for her patients.
Dr Roelien perfectly complements the Snö team, allowing us to solve even the most difficult orthodontic cases. When she is not at the clinic, she is publishing and lecturing on orthodontics, in the UAE and abroad, having published multiple articles in some of the highest regarded orthodontic journals in her field, with topics ranging from long term stability to treatment timing of impacted teeth to name but a few. This helps not just the Snö team, but wider dental community in Abu Dhabi and the UAE to reach the highest standards of orthodontic work.
Dr Roelien loves to understand her patients aims and goals and guide them to their best smile through the easiest and shortest treatment possible.Her guilty pleasure is her love for baking, particularly cakes and pastries, although moderation is always essential.
- BChD (Pretoria)
- Ortho (Malmö)
- MSc Ortho (Malmö)
- MOrth (RCSEd)
- Member of the South African Dental association
- Member of World Federation of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- South African Society of Orthodontists
- European Orthodontic Society (Provisional Diplomat)
- Orthodontic Specialist and clinical instructor- European University College Dubai
- Orthodontic Specialist – Stapelberg Orthodontics, South Africa
- Orthodontic Specialist – Snö Dental Clinics, Abu Dhabi (Current)
- Orthodontic Consultant – McGill Medical and Dental centre, Dubai (Current)
- Orthodontic Consultant – Dubai London dental Clinics, Dubai (Current)
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED:
- Invisalign aligner treatment platinum elite provider for a variety of different malocclusions
- Early treatment of children with multiple methods and devices for deteriorating problems
- Treatment of impacted teeth with numerous appliances and methods
- Growth guidance and modifications of the jaws for children
- Incognito fixed lingual braces
- Ceramic clear braces
- Traditional metallic braces
- Surgical orthodontics