Dr Navida Hanif
Dr Navida has over 20 years of clinical experience in the UK and UAE. She completed her Bachelor’s in Dental Surgery at The University of Manchester, graduating with Honours and has further completetd further postgraduate training in Cosmetic Dentistry and Endodontics. She has completed the MFGDP and MFDS examinations from the Royal College of Surgeons.
Dr Navida has a broad base of clinical experience having previously worked in hospitals, general practices, and the community dental service. She has a keen interest in Endodontics, Oral Surgery, and Cosmetic Dentistry. She has spent a significant portion of her career working in an independent practice looking after patients on a private basis. This has allowed her to spend the time required to provide dentistry at the highest level using the latest and very best materials and techniques.
Spoken Languages: English, Urdu, Speaks Basic Arabic
DOH License: General Dentist
Years of Experience: 23
Some of her earlier clinical career was based in community dental service where she was involved with the treatment of patients who are unable to access care in general practice. Her duties involved providing dental care to both adults and children with special needs. She gained experienced in anxiety management techniques particularly when providing treatment using Conscious Sedation (IV and IHS) and also providing care under General Anaesthetic. Part of her work also involves Oral Health Promotion and screening of School children. Working as a Maxillofacial House Officer opened up yet further opportunities where she assisted with the treatment of Maxillofacial Trauma and Orthognathic Surgery.
Dr Navida is married with three sons, keeping her busy outside of Dentistry! She loves to travel and recently moved to Abu Dhabi from the UK. She is currently learning Arabic to help connect with and facilitate better communication with her patients and the local community. She enjoys cooking and entertaining friends and family.
- BDS with Hons, University of Manchester, UK
- MFGDP (London)
- MFDS (Edinburgh)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Endodontics
- British Dental Association (BDA)
- Member of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners (MFGDP)
- Member of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS)
- Member of the General Medical Council (UK)
- Awarded the STAFFORD MILLER PRIZE FOR EXCELLENCE at University
- Awarded the SOMANDA AWARD for final year Elective Research undertaken in Vancouver, Canada
- Awarded the prize for best case report published in the Journal of Oral Health and Disability
- Maxillofacial house officer, Blackburn Royal Infirmary
- Community dental Officer, Chorley Hospital
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED:
- Clinical experience in all aspects of general dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Simple exodontia and surgical dentoalveolar surgery