Dr Eirini Mela
Dr Eirini Mela is a Consultant Periodontist with 15 years of experience in Periodontology and Implant Surgery. She is a passionate healthcare professional who is dedicated in providing the best care for her patients. Dr Eirini completed her dental surgery degree at the Dental School of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in 2005 and then went on to achieve a Periodontics Certificate and MSc from the University of Maryland Baltimore Dental School, USA, the world’s first Dental College. During her studies, she became a Research Associate at the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIH-NIDCR), in Bethesda MD, USA.
Dr Mela is Diplomats of the American Board of Periodontology since 2009, a title that few people hold worldwide and in the UAE, demonstrating her commitment to provide high quality, evidence based care to her patients.
Spoken Languages: English, Greek, French (Basic)
DOH License: Consultant Periodontist/ Implantologist
Years of Experience: 15
Prior to relocating to Abu Dhabi with her family, she owned a private periodontal and implant surgery practise in Athens, Greece. She also occupied the position of Clinical Instructor at the Department of Periodontology, University of Athens Dental School, teaching post-graduate and undergraduate dental students.
She is an expert in all fields of Periodontology and Implant Surgery. Her expertise includes management of patients with periodontal disease and medically compromised cases, surgical procedures like corrective periodontal surgery, pre-prosthetic procedures, extractions, soft tissue grafts, guided tissue regeneration, surgical implant placement, bone regeneration, site preservation, sinus elevation procedures, computerized implant dentistry and periodontal laser therapies.
- Diplomates, American Board of Periodontology
- MSc and Periodontology Certificate, University of Maryland-School of Dentistry
- DDS, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- American Academy of Periodontology
- European Federation of Periodontology
- Hellenic Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry
- Consultant Periodontist, Implantologist, Snö Clinics, Abu Dhabi
- Private Practice in Athens/Greece
- Clinical Assistant, Department of Periodontology, University of Athens Dental School
- Research Associate at the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIH-NIDCR), Bethesda, US
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED:
- Patients with periodontal disease
- Computerized implant dentistry
- Corrective periodontal surgery
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Sinus elevation procedures
- Periodontal laser therapies
- Socket preservation
- Bone regeneration
- Crown Lengthening
- Soft tissue grafts
- Dental Implants