Dr Jennifer Hoy
Dr Jennifer Hoy has over 15 years of experience in ‘family dentistry’, having worked in leading clinics in the UK and in several GCC countries. Her decade-long work experience in the GCC includes countries like Qatar, Oman and the UAE, and involves all aspects of general dentistry, including pediatrics. Prior to moving to this part of the world, Dr Jenny (as she prefers to be called), worked at the Imperial College- Dental Surgery, in London, for over seven years. Her tenure in London exposed her to people of various cultures and backgrounds and she thrived in that melting pot of nationalities. Having dual nationality herself, being half English and half Greek, Dr Jenny enjoyed conversing with her patients and getting to know more about their native traditions and history.
Dr Jenny marvels at how her patient mix, here in Abu Dhabi, is similar to her London practice as Abu Dhabi, too, has a significant expat population hailing from different parts of the world.
Spoken Languages: English, Greek
DOH License: General Dentist
Years of Experience: 19
A friendly dentist, she loves to talk to her patients and helps them open up, removing any fear or hesitance they may have towards dentists. Once a patient gets comfortable with her, they bring their whole family and often Dr Jenny sees everyone from the grandparents to the parents to the children! She believes that the entire family is responsible for the collective oral health as parents and grandparents are role models for children. She teaches them to be conscious of their dietary habits and reminds them to brush and floss every day.
Dr Jenny graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery, from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Dental Sciences School in 2004. She continued to practice dentistry, in Newcastle, for the next three years. While working she pursued a Diploma certificate in Dental Implantology from the University of Warwick, UK.
Dr Jennifer is a general dentist who treats the whole family. With her training in many specialized areas, like pediatrics, orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry, she offers the convenience of a “one-stop” solution for a family’s dental care needs. She is, also, a certified Invisalign™ practitioner. This allows for the scheduling of appointments for multiple family members at the same time, reducing time waiting for back-to-back appointments, or appointments on multiple days. An accomplished violinist and pianist, when not working, she relaxes with her music. She, also, enjoys the outdoors and travelling.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery, from the University of Newcastle
- Diploma certificate in Dental Implantology ( GIFT ) University of Warwick, UK
- Certified Invisalign Practitioner
- General Dental Council & British Dental Association
- Head of Dental Services, Health Plus, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Associate Dentist, British International Dental Centre, Qatar
- Associate Dentist, Medident, Muscat, Oman
- Associate Dentist, Imperial College Dental Surgery, London, UK
- Associate Dentist, 1A Dental Practice, UK
- Vocational Training, Chapel House Dental Clinic, UK
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED:
- Restorative treatments such as fillings, crowns, Inlays, onlays and bridges
- Management of emergency dental trauma
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Prophylaxis and teeth whitening
- Pedodontics procedures